Nasarawa killings: FG moving on as if nothing has happened – Ex-minister

Nasarawa killings: FG moving on as if nothing has happened – Ex-minister



The former Minister of Information, Mr Labaran Maku, has lamented the recent killings of more than 78 people by suspected herdsmen, including security personnel within just a week in Nasarawa state.

He, however, said the Federal Government was moving on as if nothing has happened.

Veloxnews recalls that suspected herdsmen last week allegedly killed 32 Tiv villagers at various locations across the southern senatorial district of Nasarawa State.

Maku stated this on Monday while addressing newsmen at Wakama village in Nassarawa-Eggon Local Government Area of the state.

He said the call had become imperative given the plight of the people of the Southern Senatorial zone following incessant killings in the area.

According to him, most Tiv people from Awe, Doma, Lafia, Keana and Obi Local Government Areas of the state have deserted their homes and communities as a result of the several attacks by suspected herdsmen.

He, however, called on the Federal Government to assist the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), who were victims of the recent attacks by suspected herdsmen in the state.

“In other climes, the death of such number of people is worthy of national mourning,” Maku said.

“Despite these killings, things are still moving on as if nothing has happened.”

“The humanitarian crisis we have on our hands with the IDPs is quite enormous and required the support of all stakeholders, especially with the onset of the rainy season.”

Velox 350

Related posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *